I came across this article in the Vancouver Sun written by Stephen Hume which I find very interesting when it comes to the argument of where we may be putting our oceans at risk from oil.
Read article »
The interesting point in his article brought forward a comparison of where sources of oil in our oceans originate, and based on an analysis completed by scientists for the Smithsonian Institution, it was surprising to know that:
- 5% comes from oil tanker traffic (referred to as Big Spills) and
- runoff from urban centres contributed to over 50% – referred to as Down the Drain (not including hydrocarbon generated from vehicles which would push it up to 65%.- referred to as Up in Smoke)
Continue reading Oil Pollution in Our Oceans
We welcomed the news announced on in July 2012 by Ken Hughes, the Alberta Minister of Energy regarding a pipeline safety review.
The Energy Minister Ken Hughes said his department has asked the Energy Resources Conservation Board (ERCB) to hire an independent third party to do the pipeline safety audit.
Continue reading Alberta Pipeline Safety Review
JEDROC Consulting Services Ltd. provides a range of business analysis services that compliment project management and will be tailored to your organization’s requirements:
- Analysis and understanding the business problems
- Requirements identification and documentation
- Effective communication
- Modeling data and processes
- Activities planning and management
- Management of client relationships
- Negotiation and consensus building
- Facilitation of discussions
- Facilitation and development of business strategies
- Management and understanding of organizational change
JEDROC Consulting Services Ltd. specializes in regulatory compliance. We are committed to our compliance culture throughout our company and extend that culture to the services we provide our clients.
JEDROC Consulting Services Ltd. is committed to a compliance culture and therefore, we believe in responsible stewardship and the recognition of greenhouse gas emissions including its role in climate change.
We provide project design and a programme of activities development in the carbon market with a particular focus on land-based activities including carbon sequestration or emission reductions in afforestation, reforestation, improved forest management, and conservation or avoided deforestation.