Robert Volkman brings over 35 years of management consulting experience to the natural resource sector.
He has provided this expertise to industry and government (provincial and federal), and the aboriginal community.
These engagements cover many aspects of the natural resource sector in both the technical and operational realm.
Robert holds a number of professional designations:
- Environmental Professional (EP):
- Certified Environmental Auditor (CEA)
- Lead Auditor Environmental Management Systems (EMSLA)
- Natural Resource Management, Environment Manager, Sustainability
- Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Registered Forest Technologist (British Columbia)
- Professional Registered Forest Technologist (Alberta)
- Environmental Professional in training Green House Gas, EPt (GHG) – Team Lead, Audit Expert, Quantification Expert
Voluntary contributions through active participation in ISO Standards Development Committees or Professional Associations:
- Standards Development Committees:
- CAC-ISO TC 207 SC7 Committee Chair (Canada) – Climate Change and Greenhouse Gases (ISO 14064-1, 14064-2,14064-3, 14065, 14067, 14080)
- CAC-ISO TC 271 Committee Chair (Canada) – Compliance Audit Programs (ISO 19600)
- SMC-ISO TC 283 Committee member –Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems (ISO 45001)
- CAC-ISO-TC262 Committee member – Risk Management and related activities (ISO 31000, 31010)
- CAC-ISO-TC268 Committee member –Sustainable Development and Resilience of Communities (ISO 37101, 37120, 37150, 37151, 37152, 37153)
- Canadian Environmental Certification Approvals Board (CECAB):
- Vice Chair of the Approvals Board
- Chair Professional Development Committee & Environmental Professional Certification Committee